Less than 24 hours ago, Donald Trump got the green light to add on the title of “President-elect of the United States” (or, if he prefers, CEO/Boss of the USA) to his resume and social media profiles.
While it brought up polarising reactions, and countless articles on what many consider to be a shock result, we can’t help but get reminded about the times when he sounded just like bosses we’ve had the…privilege of experiencing.
For those of you who still have such bosses – perhaps thinking of these gifs in those situations might lighten the mood.
1. When your boss comes up with strange words that you kinda get, but kinda don’t either
2. When you’re given the task to snoop on your competitors
3. When you pitch an idea that you’ve been working on the entire night
4. At the company’s D&D
5. When someone proves your boss wrong
6. When your boss tries to be diplomatic
7. When everyone isn’t sure about that new deal/policy
8. When your boss is trying to out-pitch competitors
9. When your boss isn’t a fan of the office pet (and vice versa)
10. When your Comms team had to physically stop a PR nightmare from happening
11. Still, this is the last thing you’d want to hear
While the nature of this article is light-hearted, the reality of his win isn’t.
This election is probably the messiest, and most divisive that Americans have experienced, and even as we speak, protests against his win are happening all over the US.
The future with Trump is uncertain, but the present doesn’t seem very promising either.