1. Text SavvyLots of apps offer the option to be constantly in touch with your beau at very low costs. While WhatsApp offers free international texting, there are a lot of other alternatives as well. Hike Messenger is one of the apps that are getting very popular among Indian college students. Apart from free texting, sending emoticons, and sharing audio and video, Hike offers the cuter, attractive option of sharing adorable stickers with your loved ones. Line and Viber are other popular apps that serve the purpose of free texting, along with options of free calling over the internet. With good connectivity, not only can you send texts and audio files to your other half, but you can also talk to them for free!
2. Social MediaLike it or not, social media has become an extremely important part of our lives. A Facebook wall post for your partner to show some love or a special tweet saying goodnight could mean a lot more when you’ll are living in different parts of the world. Instagram and Snapchat the fun night you had with your friends last night and make your better half feel like they’re part of every important moment in your life. True, excessive public displays of affection can be annoying to the rest of your friends list, but showing some love online never hurt anyone.
3. Almost closeVideo chats make you feel like the two of you are almost in the same room. When you’re far away and alone, video chats make you feel like someone’s there, watching and keeping company. Google Hangouts and Skype are of course your best options. You could also Facetime if both of you have iOS devices.
4. Well PlannedIn every long distance relationship, you will get the rare moments of spending time together in real life. While spontaneous visits and surprises have a charm of their own, it’s always better to plan out things well in advance, especially when the two of you barely get time together. Take the pains to plan the little time you’ll have together to make it special. A lot of apps help you figure out that perfect restaurant for a romantic night or the latest movie to enjoy with your darling. Zomato is one app that covers a wide variety of restaurants, bars and pubs that you can choose from. Book My Show comes in handy when you want to catch a showing of your favourite movie or play in town together. If you just feel like staying in, food ordering apps like Food Panda makes life a lot easier.
5. The Gift of LoveYou may not be around for birthdays and anniversaries, but the best way to make your significant other feel special is by simply sending them a gift. Gifting is just another way of letting them know you’re thinking about them, and now you can do that on the go! Numerous online shopping apps make it easier to find the perfect gifts, pay for them, and get them delivered to your sweetheart’s place. Snapdeal, Myntra, Flipkart, Jabong, Amazon and eBay are just a few of them! Apart from these, the regular features in smartphones such as calendars and reminders also help you make sure you never miss out on something important in each other’s lives. With technology playing an indispensable role, the hurdles of physical distances almost evaporates from relationships. It’s become easier to share, express, balance space, and maintain that spark in your love life, even while you’re away. Also Read: Get Your Very Own Personal Shoppers From All Around The World
Check out the latest industry with the highest retrenchment rates in Singapore here.