Just last month, EpiCentre Holdings announced that will be giving up “all of its four EpiCentre stores and its online store for $516,275 to Elush Retail Group, which runs Apple reseller chain, iStudio”.
The sale also saw EpiCentre Holdings giving up its rights to run their Apple Premium Reseller business in Singapore, and Elush Retail Group will also be “granted the license to use its signature ‘EpiCentre’ and ‘Live Out Loud by EpiCentre’ at no extra fees”.
EpiCentre Holdings cited their downfall to falling sales, especially due to competition from other Apple Premium Retailers and the Apple store at Orchard.
Post-sale, EpiCentre Holdings announced that it plans to concentrate its efforts on its beauty, wellness, and lifestyle arm, “while keeping a lookout for other opportunities”.
‘EpiCentre’ Makes A Comeback On Shopee
It seems like the Elush Retail Group has wasted no time in bringing the ‘EpiCentre’ name back.
Today, Elush-managed EpiCentre announced the launch of its first official store on Shopee.
This also marks the brand’s “first foray into an online marketplace”.
This isn’t the only online rodeo that the Elush Retail Group has for Apple products, however.
Elush-managed Apple Premium Reseller iStudio (the direct competitor of EpiCentre 1.0) also has its own online store, in addition to 4 outlets at Singapore Changi Airport and 4 others at various parts of the island.
Perhaps Elush Retail Group’s plan for their version of EpiCentre is having the brand represent them on online marketplaces?
Launch Campaign Specials
As part of their launch campaign (until 5 Aug), EpiCentre is also offering deals that Apple fans might want to take advantage of:
- 7% off Storewide Sale (30-31 July)
- All EpiCentre products on Shopee including iPhones, iPads and Macs will be selling at 7% off their retail price (excludes the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar)
- Flash Deals up to 26% off (30-31 July)
- Apple products such as the AirPods and the iPhone X will be available at even greater discounts for limited time periods within these two days. For example, shoppers can get the AirPods for $187 (U.P $238) at 00:00 on 30 July
- AppleCare at up to 26% off (1-5 August)
- Shoppers will be able to enjoy up to 26% off their AppleCare purchase. Click here to find out more about the AppleCare discounts during this period
- Up to 45% savings with EpiCentre’s Guarantee Buy Back Programme (30 July onwards)
- All iPhone, iPad and MacBook purchases made on Shopee’s official EpiCentre store will be covered by the Guarantee Buy Back Programme (T&Cs Apply)
The Shopee team has also provided Vulcan Post readers an exclusive promo code. Just use “VULCANPOST7” and get $7 off your purchase. A minimum spend of $15 applies, and the code is only available for first-time Shopee users.
Featured Image Credit: abdulsaatmyaga.blogspot.com