Ever wanted to request for a package delivery like how you request for a ride?
Well, now you can.
Grab Singapore has announced the launch of the beta trial of GrabExpress, an on-demand door-to-door delivery and courier service.
GrabExpress beta starts from 23 October 2018, and will operate from 8am to 11pm daily.
Do note, though, that GrabExpress beta will cover the “East region to the Central Business District Eastern fringe (Changi, Tampines, Paya Lebar, Bedok, Marine Parade, Geylang, Kallang, Bendemeer, Jalan Besar, Bugis and Esplanade)”.
Said Melvin Vu, Regional Head of Markets, GrabExpress: “The beta launch of GrabExpress is part of our ongoing efforts at Grab to provide valuable services to consumers, as we continue to work towards our vision of being an everyday superapp. We recognise the potential to better serve consumers and businesses in Singapore by providing a delivery that is safe, fast and reliable.”
We will be studying the results of this beta trial and gathering feedback from users and delivery-partners before rolling out to everyone.
Booking a GrabExpress is as simple as how you’d book a ride – users will be able to access the GrabExpress service via a displayed widget in the Grab app.
The sender will then key in the pick up location and recipient’s details, and make payment through GrabPay.
A delivery-partner will then be assigned and complete the delivery within 2 hours of booking.
GrabExpress beta is also said to be making use of GrabFood’s motorcycle fleet for fulfillment of deliveries.
Grab also expressed in a press release that it is hoping to eventually extend this service to GrabCar and GrabTaxi drivers, and “has been in constant discussions with the Land Transport Authority”.
Here are some additional details about the service:
- Prices start from $6 per delivery, with an additional $1/km delivery distance.
- GrabExpress beta prices will not be subjected to dynamic pricing, or take into account additional surcharges like ERP.
- Users can place up to 10 deliveries at a single time.
- Parcels and documents need to be less than 32cm x 25cm x 12 cm in size, and no more than 5kg in weight.
- Deliveries are covered by insurance, and can be tracked in real time from point of collection to delivery via the Grab app.
- Singapore is the 5th country to have GrabExpress after Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.