[This is a paid article by Grab.]
And here’s how you can maximise your GrabRewards points and discounts on Grab using the new credit card.
There are some things to take note of when you’re applying for the card:
- Be a Grab user, or sign up as a Grab user before or after applying for the Credit Card.
- The card is free for life (no annual fee for principal and supplementary cards).
- You’ll need to have a minimum income of RM36,000 per annum.
- You’ll have to go through the usual eKYC process when registering for the card.
- Once approved, you’ll get the card delivered to you within 10 working days.
1. Pay Using The Card To Earn Up To 5x GrabRewards Points
Once you have the credit card in hand and perform the first transaction, you can get 1,000 GrabRewards Points added into your account between 2 to 3 days. You’ll be a Platinum Tier Member for 6 months too.
Since it is a credit card, you can use it for non-Grab purchases too. By doing so, you will get 1 GrabRewards Point for every RM3 paid using the card.
Quick Maths: You spent RM150 for a wireless charger and paid using the card. You’ll get 50 GrabRewards Points added into your account once the charge goes through.
When spending money overseas, you can get 2x reward points for each RM1 charged.
It’s even better if you’re a serial Grab-er. With each RM1 spent on Grab, you’ll get 5x GrabRewards Points too. And that means your RM30 GrabCar ride will nett you 150 GrabRewards Points.
2. Be A Platinum-Tier Grab Member For 8x GrabRewards Points
Depending on your Grab tier, you get points every time you spend on GrabPay.
|Tier||Points Earned For Every RM1 Spent|
This means that a Platinum-tier member could potentially get 8x points when topping up and spending using the new Maybank Grab Mastercard Platinum Credit Card and Grab app.
– You top up RM200 into your GrabPay Wallet with the Maybank Grab Mastercard Platinum Credit Card, you get 1,000 GrabRewards Points.
– Spend that RM200, you’ll instantly get 600 additional GrabRewards Points (if you’re a Platinum-tier member).
– In total, you’ll get 1,600 GrabRewards Points with just RM200 spent.
Note: Payments such as FPX, JomPAY, Maybank EzyCash, Maybank EzyPay Installment or topping up other e-wallets (except Grab) will not nett you any points. If a payment is refunded, your GrabRewards Points will be automatically deducted after the refund process. For a complete list of what will get you points, check here.
3. Look Out For GrabRewards Points And Additional Discounts From Grab Partners
When using the card at participating partners, you can get additional discounts too, on top of the GrabRewards Points that you’ll be getting when you spend.
|Klook||7% off bookings with a minimum spend of RM150 (discount capped at RM20)|
Use promo code: GRABMASTERCARD7
|Alpro||RM8 discount with minimum RM80 spent|
|Harvey Norman||Get discount deals with code: MBBGRAB|
|Zalora||15% off with minimum RM120 spent using promo code: GRABPAYCARD|
|Starbucks||20% off on a la carte menu|
|SOCAR||RM10 off with minimum 3 hours booking|
|Hermo||– RM13 off with minimum spend of RM120, For new users, 10% off with no min spend|
– Existing users, RM10 off with minimum spend of RM120
Grab informed us that they’re still looking to add partners, so you can expect more deals in the future.
4. GrabReward Points Is Also As Good As Cash
GrabRewards Points isn’t limited to just vouchers or redemptions anymore.
A while back, Grab allowed their users to pay for Grab services such as Grab Rides and GrabFood using their hard-earned GrabRewards Points. And if you wish, you can also utilise the points to pay for your purchases in stores that accept GrabPay.
The conversion is as follows:
- 165 GrabReward Points converts to RM1 when spent in stores that accept GrabPay.
- 160 GrabReward Points converts to RM1 when spent on Grab Rides or GrabFood.
Do note that your GrabRewards Points will expire if no transactions were made for a certain period, so keep that in mind if you’re saving the points for a specific reward or purchase.
How To Get Your Own Maybank Grab Mastercard Platinum Credit Card
Once you’re active on both, you can sign up for the credit card via the Maybank2u app or via the Grab app, which will lead you to Maybank’s mobile site.
Note: When we signed up for the credit card on both Android and iOS via the Maybank2u app, we did encounter some issues, so we recommend going through the Grab app or on Maybank’s desktop website instead.
- For more info on the Maybank Grab Platinum Mastercard Credit Card, click here.