The mastermind behind some of the spectacular images in Harper’s Bazaar Singapore, NYLON Japan and Elle Girl Japan, Lenne Chai, is a girl you must hear about.
Currently based in Singapore, Lenne is an established fashion photographer and creative director whose work is hard to miss.
Natalia & Polina looking like dolls for @catalogmagazine's june/july issue 💕 These dresses are everything I want in my wardrobe 😭 photography: @lenneigh / styling: @bryangohey / editor: @alphabeticalife / hair & makeup: @ngmichele / set design: @fawnandmoss / assisted by @beappair, jeremy leong
Join our mailing list!
Enter your email to read this article and all our content.
Besides Singapore, the young photographer also travels to Tokyo regularly, where she shoots for commercial brands such as Bang & Olufsen, an internationally known audio technology provider.
More recently, Lenne collaborated with Singapore-born, Australia-raised filmmaker Ling Ang to produce Karaoke Party, an exhibition that presents fashion-centric karaoke videos accompanied by original tracks from local musicians that you can sing along to.
Their aim was to encourage locals to ponder on their perception of homegrown fashion and music. The event turned out to be a huge success, drawing a sold-out crowd of 400 guests from all over Singapore.
Today, we have the privilege to take a sneak peek into this talented individual’s smartphone to discover the apps that get to be part of her life!
1. WhatsApp and Gmail“For work!”
2. Facebook“For thought provoking articles (e.g., what Tay Tay wore to Whole Foods), plus the daily exercise of identifying and scrolling past click-bait.”
3. Aldiko“I spend all my time on public transport reading, and I read a lot of e-books.”
4. Kung Fury“I am a huge fan of Kung Fury, and everyone needs a mindless button-mashing game to spend time on. It’s actually pretty well designed, and I love the graphics, sound and interface.”
5. InstagramFrankly, I’m not a fan of how the app makes me feel (not unlike a meth addict). But every time I look away and back, I find my fingers scrolling towards infinity…and my data limit.”Thank you, Lenne, for taking the time to share with us!If you would like to learn more about Lenne’s work or collaborate with her, do not hesitate to check out her Instagram account @lenneigh or her website Lenne Photography.To end off, here’s what Lenne said when asked about her life motto:“Neil Gaiman taught me that everybody has a secret world inside of them, no matter how dull or boring they are on the outside.”Seems like it’s time you unleashed your secret world, everyone!Apps I Live By is a series where we take sneak peeks into the smartphones of influential personalities. Should you have a story or want us to feature someone, do not hesitate to talk to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers!