Alright, so it looks like we’re ending the year on a not-so-good note, but there are still little sparks of positivity to be found here and there.
In what’s a rather exciting month-long event, investors, corporates and entrepreneurs across different industries will be brought together to drive innovation in the digital economy.
The event will be held from November 10-29, with 3 core themes in focus:
- Matching digital talents to industry demand,
- Business digitalisation,
- Securing new digital investments.
Its key objectives are to strengthen confidence in the country as a compelling digital and tech investment location and catalyse increased cross-border trade opportunities in the region.
That being said, here’s what the month of November will hold for those of us who register for MTM 2020.
1. Relevant, Attention-Catching Panel Discussions
From November 10-11, there will be speakers and panel discussions that cover topics such as “How 2021 Will Shape The ‘Great Reset’”, and “Why Malaysia Or Singapore To Build Your Companies?”.
Among some of the high-profile speakers we’d have the pleasure of listening to would be MDEC CEO Surina Shukri herself, Randi Zuckerberg, founder and CEO of Zuckerberg Media, Alexander Stubb, former Prime Minister of Finland, and more.
2. A Digital Festival About Everything Tech
Then on November 18-20, TechFest Live ft. Road-To-WCIT Malaysia will take place.
Depending on what you’re looking for, you can explore various opportunities such as:
- AI enabled B2B networking amongst 3,000 global influencers, experts, industry leaders, investors, founders and C-suites,
- Talent matching and recruitment from top universities with successful companies in the region,
- Online exhibitions to explore likeminded partnerships, new business opportunities and investors,
- 200+ on-demand sessions with at least 120 global experts with insights from industry leaders, innovative business models, and stories of how tech is being used around the world.
3. Showing You What’s Next After Digital Transformation
MDEC’s agenda doesn’t just stop at digital transformation; the next step after that is understanding how to utilise data in the business environment and in decision-making processes.
DataKITA.Pulse will be a 25-hour virtual live event that covers what you should and need to know about data transformation.
Several key-industry thought leaders and trailblazers will be present to speak from first-hand experiences in data, and data products/services experts will be showcasing their technologies and solutions to help businesses take that next step.
4. A Chance To Get Your Game On
Perhaps one of the most popular games festivals in Malaysia, Level Up KL will be taking place from November 16-29 in a virtual expo.
This event will feature:
- A Game Expo app, where you can view game content, products and services at your fingertips, play quests and win lucky prizes,
- A SEA games showcase, where the latest games by SEA studios will be displayed for you to vote for,
- The SEA Games Awards 2020, where your votes will be counted,
- eSports tournaments, where you can watch pro players compete in games like PUBG Mobile, Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, Dota 2, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, and more.
Of course, there are more mini-events under MTM 2020, but these are some of the highlights.
There are virtually no barriers to block you from accessing this month-long event (unless you have awful Wi-Fi), and the event is free to boot.
Aside from all the planned events, one major advantage of this event is how you’d be able to connect with like-minded people in virtual meetings on the platform as well, since registration isn’t limited to Malaysians only.
In this group, you’d find other entrepreneurs, mentors, and of course, investors.
The event couldn’t have come at a better time, what with various businesses going digital and all.
It’ll also be a great way to further test the viability of full-on, large-scale virtual events for the foreseeable future.
Featured Image Credit: Surina Shukri, CEO of MDEC