For the inaugural episode of Vulcan TV, we are fortunate to have a Singapore-based startup – Viddsee.
Viddsee is a digital platform that curates short films around Asia. Launched a year ago, Viddsee hopes to raise the profile of the region’s film industry by growing its online distribution network. Earlier last week, Viddsee signed a content partnership with Yahoo. The Yahoo-Viddsee deal will bring award-winning short films to a significantly larger audience. How? Viddsee’s “Asian Short Films” channel will be featured on Yahoo’s entertainment portals for Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines.
Behind the company are 2 interesting people whom we spoke to and had lots of fun!
Vulcan TV would like to thank Viddsee for their patience and time to have the crew over. Nothing beats filming filmmakers, ey?
Here’s the interview we did with Viddsee:
- 0:34: Introduction of Viddsee
- 0.51: How the name “Viddsee” came about
- 1:33 Vision of Viddsee
- 3:05: Why Short Films
- 4:00: What do you look for in short films submission
- 4:53: How do you find short films to feature
- [Must Watch!] 6:09: Do you quarrel with one another?
- 6:56: What do you do other than work?
- [Must Watch!] 7:24: Office Tour!
- 8:47: How’s Viddsee doing now financially?
- [Must Watch!] 9:24: Rapid Fire Question
If you can’t view the video, you can watch the full interview on YouTube. Do let us know if you have any feedbacks too at the comments below.
Also read: Say hi to our new product: Vulcan TV!