Here’s a question – how many apps on your phone do you currently have? Do you have 20, 50, 100+ apps on your phone right now? Well, according to recent data, the average Singaporean has about 37 apps.
Now here’s another question – how many of those apps actually do something meaningful such as saving you time, money, and wallet space?
If you’re struggling to answer that question, you should seriously consider deleting some of those useless apps so you can free up room for these 3 money saving apps that every Singaporeans needs!
I don’t know about you, but I hate carrying around a ton of junk around in my wallet! I mean, the average wallet only has a few slots for you to place your IC and all of your credit cards in.
However, when you throw loyalty membership cards into the mix, that’s usually enough to transform your expensive wallet into a swelling lump of leather that bulges uncomfortably in your pocket.
Yeah, you can spend $50+ to buy a fancy new card holder to keep all of your cards in. But I’ve got a better idea – why not just save yourself the money and download the Perkd app for free?
- Convenience: The Perkd app carries loyalty membership cards from a large variety of fashion, F&B, lifestyle, travel, and beauty retailers not just in Singapore, but around the world. Just keep in mind that some membership cards in Singapore have a minimum spending requirement.
- Rewards: The Perkd app allows you to receive coupons and offers directly to your account so you don’t need to wait for an email or print anything out.
- Storage: The Perkd app allows you to store custom loyalty membership cards (as long as there’s a barcode to scan), so you’re not just limited to the cards that are present on the app currently.
Let me guess, you spend about $250+ a month on dining out right? No, I’m not a fortune teller and I’m not stalking you on Facebook to estimate your dining expenses based on your status updates at various restaurants.
According to a recent MasterCard study, $250+ is average amount Singaporeans spend every month on dining out – making you guys the region’s top spenders when it comes to eating out.
Hopefully, you’re a great dining credit card when you eat out to save you money.
If not, you can still have money with The Entertainer – a free app that can save you a ton of money every month because it ONLY offers 1-for-1 deals on dining. A definite must-have for those of you who want to save big on fine dining both here
- Huge Savings: The Entertainer allows you to get 1-for-1 deals on not just dining, but on leisure and wellness activities, and on hotel stays (yes, you can get 1-for-1 stays at hotels). Just purchase a flat-rate package that provides hundreds of 1-for-1 deals for $20 to $120+. Think about it, you can get back the money you paid for the package in a matter of 1 to 5 dinners!
- Easy Redemption Process: The Entertainer allows you to purchase 1-for-1 deals quickly and easily. All you need to do is search for the offer you want, redeem it on the app, let the restaurant/spa/hotel staff member enter their unique merchant pin, and the app will successful redeem the free dinner for you. Just remember to buy the flat-rate package first!
- Can Use Overseas: The Entertainer allows you to browse and purchase dining, leisure, and hotel deals not just in Singapore, but in Cyprus, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, London, and many Middle Eastern countries as well.
Now, if you’ve already downloaded Perkd and The Entertainer, you’re already 2/3 done with completing the “Triumvirate” of must-have money saving apps!
However, this app is slightly different from the previous two.
While Perkd is more of a retail loyalty membership app and The Entertainer is a great app for 1-for-1 dining deals, Perx is an ideal app for those of you casual diners and coffee/bubble tea lovers out there.
Because Perx is made for you in mind! If you visit a location that participates in Perx, you’ll get a rewards “chop” for every item or purchase over X amount you buy.
Depending on the retailer, you can get a “free” drink or food for every 3, 5, 10, or 15 “chops” you accumulate – and all you have to do is just be a loyal customer with the app, that’s it.
- Wide Variety of F&B Outlets: The Perx app allows you to collect “chops” from a variety of F&B outlets ranging from coffee, sandwich, salad, bubble tea, and Japanese outlets throughout Singapore.
- Easy Redemption Process: The Perx app allows you to collect “chops” on every purchase or spend over a certain amount, which adds up to free food and drink items once you’ve accumulated enough chops.
- Can View Nearby Perx Participants: The Perx app allows you to find the participating outlets closest to your location, so you can start building up chops towards your next free food or drink item.
This post originally appeared on MoneySmart.