Fans of Xiaomi, take note: Mi Singapore has announced that as of yesterday, the Redmi 2 will cost S$149, a $20 drop in price from its launch price of S$169. According to a press release, the drop in price was put down to lower costs on the manufacturer’s end.
We previously did a review on the Redmi 2 when it launched in March — the phone is thinner and lighter than the Redmi 1S, so it’s not surprising that Mi Singapore reported receiving a warm reception from Singaporeans when the Redmi 2 went on sale.
But that’s not all: Xiaomi has also revealed that it will be launching a second version of the Redmi 2. The Redmi 2 Enhanced will come with 16GB of internal storage and 2GB RAM — double that of the original Redmi 2. It will go on sale from 14 July (Tuesday), and will be available on Mi.com for S$179.
Here’s a look at the main specs of the Redmi 2 Enhanced:
- Quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 410 processor
- 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash
- MicroSD card slot (supports cards up to 32GB)
- 4G Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 7-inch 1280 x 720 HD screen (312 PPI)
- 8MP BSI f/2.2 rear camera / 2MP BSI front camera with 720p video recording
- 2200mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 1.0
For more information about the Redmi 2, go here.