LINE, a fast growing mobile app globally, has just announced that it has launched LINE SHOPPING to its users in Singapore. It will feature a few exclusive shopping deals for its users.
Getting access to the deals is simple: Just search for “LINE SHOPPING” and add the account as a friend. Once you have done that, the account will ping you whenever there is a “Sizzle Hot Deal”.
While it is unsure what products and deals will LINE SHOPPING provide to its users in Singapore, it definitely provide another reason for LINE users to stick and stay on the mobile chat app.
Earlier last week, LINE also announced a partnership with Singapore telco StarHub where they jointly unveiled Singapore’s first LINE plan exclusively for StarHub Mobile pre-paid customers. With this, users can chat, text and send over 10,000 LINE stickers and emoticons to their heart’s content at just 40 cents a day or $6 for a 30-day plan. Starting 15 February, customers can activate StarHub’s LINE plan by simply dialling *123# on their mobile phone.
LINE is definitely aggressive in engaging its users and getting more users onboard, and hopefully, get them to spend on the app. A significant part of its revenue comes from its popular sticker packs.
- StarHub unveils Singapore’s first LINE mobile pre-paid plan
- Believe it or not, there are 300 million users on LINE right now
- Messaging app LINE releases tear jerking video targetted at Thailand users
- StarHub customers get early exclusive access to LINE’s Chinese New Year stickers
- Popular chat app LINE is giving 247 of its lucky users free return flight tickets!
- The irony: Most of the money users spent on chat apps, was not spent on chatting experiences