Avid readers of Vulcan Post would know this: we are huge fans of LINE. Over the past few months, we have written quite a bit on LINE. The Japan based mobile messaging app has crossed over 300 million registered users, and released tear jerking video ads targetted at Thailand users. Recently too, the company is giving 247 of its lucky users free return flight tickets in lieu of the holiday season.
In its latest series of marketing campaign, LINE has partnered with one of Singapore’s major telco StarHub to give its subscribers early exclusive access to its new free Chinese New Year stickers.
The stickers are available for download on the 9th of January, only for StarHub subscribers.
StarHub users will receive a sms with serial numbers to download the Chinese New Year LINE stickers. They can head to http://line.naver.jp/R/shop/detail/1473 to download this special set, and also get the chance of winning Great Fortune 888 Prize award sponsored by StarHub.
For the rest of the non-StarHub users, you would have to wait until the 28th of January, 3 days before the Lunar New Year on the 31st of January 2014.
- Believe it or not, there are 300 million users on LINE right now
- Messaging app LINE releases tear jerking video targetted at Thailand users
- Popular chat app LINE is giving 247 of its lucky users free return flight tickets!
- WhatsApp has 400 Million Monthly Users; building a 100 year old company
- The irony: Most of the money users spent on chat apps, was not spent on chatting experiences