Social media pages are important tools for brands because if properly used, it converts fans into loyal brand ambassadors. Here’s a story of why we (ok maybe just me) think Changi Airport’s Facebook page is properly leveraged by the brand.
Earlier last week, Facebook announced that it has launched Facebook reactions, an extension of the Like button, allowing users more ways to react to a post in a quick and easy way.
In response to that, Changi Airport’s Facebook Page, one of the most followed Facebook page in Singapore, according to data collected by Parrot, published a post which looked like this:
According to a statement by Changi Airport Group on Marketing Interactive, the post “garnered over 3,000 reactions in less than 24 hours organically”, and most of the reactions on the post were largely positive.
To Changi Airport’s Facebook page manager, we only have this to say – very smart.
Other than the recent post, here are some other social media lessons we can take a way from Changi Airport’s Facebook Page:
1. Smart usage of images to connect with fans
2. Social media as a source of information for followers
3. Social media to reassure that fans and customers are the priority
4. Social media to keep fans updated about F&B outlets
6. Social Media to display a fun personality