If you are working or heading to Singapore’s Central Business District (CBD) area, here’s a piece of good news for you: Grab, previously known as GrabTaxi, has just announced that from this week Monday to Friday (4th April to 8th April), you get to enjoy up to 10 free GrabCar rides within the CBD.
What’s the catch? Easy – you just need to go cashless by using GrabPay for the first time.
Here’s how to do it:
- Install the Grab app on your smartphone – if you haven’t already.
- Select “Menu” and “GrabPay”.
- Add your credit card. If you have already added a card but never used it on GrabCar rides, you still qualify for this promotion.
- Select your pick-up and drop-off locations within the CBD, tap “GrabCar (Economy)” and remember to set credit/debit card as your payment method.
- Enjoy your free point-to-point ride – no promo code needed.
But you may ask, is this only for who using credit card? What about those who are using cash payment? Shouldn’t there be a promotion for all loyal Grab users too? To that, Grab says there are several campaigns for different groups of customers throughout the year. For this campaign, Grab is “trying to encourage more people to use GrabPay, and it’s convenient for the passengers and drivers do not have to worry about spare change”.
Oh one more thing – all rides have to be starting and ending in the CBD area, which only includes these areas:
Still, these pretty much covers a fair bit of Singapore, so, have fun riding with Grab this week!