The newest Apple iPhone has finally hit our shores, but the rather hefty starting price of RM3,199 for the base 32GB model might make many potential users reconsider getting it.
However, one of our local telcos has an alternative in mind. Maxis is now offering a trade up for the iPhone 7, which allows users to pay a minimum of RM70 upfront when they trade in their older smartphones.
For example, if you have the MaxisONE Plan 188, you pay RM1630 upfront for an iPhone 7 32GB. But when you trade in your old smartphone (say, an iPhone 6s) you get a RM1560 rebate, which works out to just RM70 upfront.
You also get several extras with MaxisONE Plan including up to 20GB of data, free calls & SMS, free 5GB data with every supplementary line and free 5GB video streaming data.
Any smartphone can be traded in if you wish to take advantage of this deal, as long as it fulfills the following criteria:
1. The device is able to power on and off, can properly charge and can read IMEI.
2. The display screen is functional and free from cracks, no damaged pixels, no shadow, no discolouration and no signs of water damage.
3. The device must have network signal, be able to call out and is properly factory reset.
4. No major damage to the casing and cover, cracks, no missing button and all buttons must be functioning.
5. iPhone users must ensure that their Find My iPhone is unlocked. The activation lock and screen lock must be removed.
6. The device must not be a clone set.
7. The device can be either a local or overseas set.
Such a deal will probably get many people eager to snap it up, and to avoid disappointment, make use of Maxis RealView to check the stock availability online. The site is updated hourly, so users can check which nearby stores have stock of their preferred phone models and colours.
For an idea of how Maxis Realview works, check out the video below.
This trade-in might be one of the cheapest ways to get the new iPhone, without needing to sell an arm and a leg.
You can find out more information about the trade-up and the iPhone 7 on the Maxis website here.
Feature Image Credit: cnet