There’s always that annoying moment when making plans with friends and family. You’ll have the destination but for some reason, planning on where to meet up so it’s easier to carpool to said destination is a war strategy. In the end, you’re left with people saying “My house easier lah”, “Your house far, come to mine lah”, that one person who shrugs while saying they’ll just go with the flow and no decision made at all.
Grab has probably heard those #firstworldproblem distress calls so they have now rolled out a new feature that could help solve this.
Passengers can now add an extra stop to their ride through GrabCar and the additional distance will be automatically included into the total trip cost.
Passengers will get to see the accurate fare upfront which is calculated based on the total distance travelled. Protip, promo codes and discounts can still be applied to make the fare cheaper.
This feature applies just for GrabCar rides with only one stop allowed per trip. Similar to the usual service, the driver will wait up to a maximum of 3 minutes at the first pick-up point.
Most importantly, passengers have to make sure that the extra stop is added before the booking is made. Once a driver is allocated, stops cannot be added, removed or changed. If not, you’ll have to go the old school way and make another Grab booking.
Drivers will be notified of both stops when they receive the booking.
How to book a ride with additional stops is simple:
- Step 1: After you enter your Pick-up and Drop-off points as you’d normally do, you can tap “+” to add an extra stop.
- Step 2: Choose the location of the extra stop.
- Step 3: You can tap the “swap” icon to switch the order of your stops but keep in mind that fares may change.
- Step 4: Book your ride and you’re all set.
A few T&C’s to take note of when making GrabCar bookings with an extra stop:
- A surcharge of RM 15 will apply for bookings to and from KLIA / KLIA2 and Sepang.
- The fixed fare of RM 65 to and from KLIA / KLIA2 does not apply.
- A surcharge of RM50 will apply for bookings to and from Genting.
To enjoy this feature, existing users can update their Grab app to the latest version.