There has been numerous leaks online surrounding Huawei’s new flagship Mate 10 series.
Forget the speculations, because we’ve got the real scoop on its global launch, which is taking place at Olympic Park in Munich, Germany right now.
Once again, the Mate 10 will fall into the phablet territory thanks to its large screen, and will go head-to-head with the likes of the Galaxy Note 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and the upcoming Google Pixel 2 XL, among other devices.
This year, the Chinese mobile manufacturer just released three new models: the Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, and the exclusive Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10.
At the event, Richard Yu, CEO of Huawei Consumer Business Group, kept harping on the Mate 10’s tagline time and time again – “It is not a smartphone. It is an intelligent machine.”
During IFA Berlin, Huawei Consumer Business Group introduced its first AI mobile chipset, the Kirin 970. This chipset is fitted in these phones, opening the door to new AI mobile applications.
The Huawei Mate 10 series also continues its legacy of superior product performance and long-lasting battery life, while integrating New Leica Dual Camera technology.
“As we enter the age of intelligence, AI is no longer a virtual concept but something that intertwines with our daily lives. AI can enhance user experience, provide valuable services and improve product performance,” said Yu.
“The HUAWEI Mate 10 Series introduces the first mobile AI-specific Neural-Network Processing Unit, launching a new era of intelligent phones.”
Huawei Mate 10 Series Key Features:
- Kirin 970, the world’s first AI processor for smartphones with a dedicated Neural-Network Processing Unit (NPU)
- A 3D glass body featuring a barely-there-bezel, a full-view display, and HDR10-supported technology for intensely vivid and bright colours
- Huawei SuperCharge, the world’s first fast-charging technology to receive the TÜV Fast-Charge Safety Certification, and 4000 mAh battery with AI-powered battery management
- New Leica dual camera, both featuring an aperture of f/1.6, for intelligent photography including AI-powered Real-Time Scene and Object Recognition and AI-powered bokeh effect
- An all-new, simplified EMUI 8.0 based on AndroidTM 8.0
Here’s a closer look at the phones:
If You’re Planning To Get Your Hands On It…
The new Huawei Mate 10 will be available in two colours, Mocha Brown and Black, in late October in Singapore. Meanwhile, the Huawei Mate 10 Pro will be available in Mocha Brown and Midnight Blue, and will be released in late November.
On the other hand, the exclusive Porsche Design Huawei Mate 10 will only be available in Diamond Black colour in early December.
Full details on Singapore pricing and availability will be made available on 26 October 2017. You can register your interest here and preorder the phones on Lazada and Huawei concept stores between 17 to 23 October.
Featured Image Credit: Zafirah Salim / Vulcan Post