The date for Malaysia’s 14th General Elections was just announced, and now registered voters know that they have to be ready to be at their respective stations on May 9, 2018.
AirAsia has announced that they are waiving flight change fees for bookings issued in Malaysia where the travel date falls on polling day, to ensure that travel plans are not affected.
According to the press statement they’ve released, this offer applies to Malaysian citizens only, and must be done within ten (10) days of today.
There are two options available to Malaysians which are:
Option 1, Move Flight: Perform one (1) date change for all bookings without flight change fee to postpone travel by up to thirty (30) days from the original travel date, subject to seat availability and any fare or tax differences; OR
Option 2, Credit Account: Retain the fare value in your AirAsia BIG Loyalty account for future travel with AirAsia, to be redeemed within 90 calendar days from the date of credit issue.
You can find the e-form to swap your flight or credit your account using the following steps.
1. Head over to support.airasia.com.
2. Click on the “Email Us” tab on the right panel.
3. Select “Enquiry/Request” under Type of Feedback.
4. Select “Booking” under Sub Category 1.
5. Select “GE14” for Sub Category 2.
6. Type in your option under Subject: “GE14 – Move Flight” OR “GE14 – Credit Account”
7. Complete the remaining form fields and click “Submit” to proceed
- To move flights, provide new flight details (date and time) and passenger name(s) and a scan/photo of your Malaysian Identity Card
- For the credit account option, provide your AirAsia BIG Loyalty member ID and scan/photo of your Malaysian Identity Card
AirAsia also recommends that for anyone traveling during the polling period to arrive at the airport earlier to avoid congestion.
They also suggest that passengers use the web check-in and mobile check-in services for maximum convenience (web and mobile check-in services are available from 14 days before to 1 hour before the scheduled time of departure).
- You can find the e-form here.
Feature Image Credit: Conny Sandland on flickr