- Lazada recently introduced their new e-wallet that so far only works for transactions on the Lazada platform itself.
- Among some of the features and perks include instant cashback on Tuesdays, quicker refund processes, and top-ups at 7-Eleven using MOLPAY.
Just recently, Lazada quietly made its own wallet service available to the public.
Available through the existing smartphone app, Lazada’s e-wallet (aptly called Lazada Wallet) current appears to only work for payments on the Lazada platform itself.
Introduced without an official announcement, Lazada Wallet is their attempt to make their platform quicker, safer, and hassle-free.
Users interested in Lazada Wallet can register for the service using their existing Lazada accounts, and will receive an email and mobile number confirmation. Once that’s done, users can go ahead and begin topping up their balances through the smartphone app or on their desktops.
Among some of the perks that come with using Lazada Wallet include:
- Quick checkouts.
- Being able to top-up wallet balances using credit/debit cards or online banking.
- Allowing the unbanked to use Lazada with top-ups via MOLPAY transactions at 7-Eleven stores.
- The ability to receive refunds directly to their wallet accounts instead of having to negotiate with credit card issuers.
To get Malaysians to use the service, Lazada introduced an incentive called Wallet Tuesdays that promises instant cashback rewards of 10% (up to RM20) with a minimum spend of RM100. This only applies whenever Lazada Wallet is used to make purchases on any given Tuesday.
Beyond all this, not much else is stated on Lazada’s official website other than a frequently asked questions (FAQ) section that informs users of details such as Lazada Wallet’s completely free service, the limiting of one wallet to an account, and the non-transferability of funds from one wallet to another.
As of yet, Lazada has only briefly mentioned their wallet service in a few marketing banners on their website, and we expect that more will be revealed about its future capabilities and usage once Lazada’s 6th anniversary promotions roll around at the end of this month.
Until then, we’ll be on the lookout for further details.
- For more information about Lazada Wallet, check out their FAQ page.
Feature Image Credit: Lazada