Because you were not paying attention in your Sejarah class during secondary school, you will now suffer the consequences of that on the road.
It has just been confirmed on national radio that the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) will be renaming 8 roads in KL, Malaysia to past Yang di-Pertuan Agong.
The 8 roads that will be undergoing the name changes are:
- Jalan Duta to Jalan Tunku Abdul Halim
- Jalan Khidmat Usaha to Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
- Jalan Ipoh (from Jalan Segambut junction to Jalan Pahang junction) to Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah
- Persiaran Duta to Persiaran Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin
- Jalan Khidmat Setia and Jalan Ibadah to Jalan Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin
- Lebuhraya Mahameru to Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar
- Persiaran Mahameru to Persiaran Tuanku Ja’afar
- Jalan Semarak to Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra
The installations of the new signboards are to begin tomorrow, DBKL told Paultan.org.
Time to dig out those dusty Sejarah books. As for those A star students who memorise history facts in school, they’re getting the last laugh. Whoever that once said studying history is useless has clearly made an enemy with someone within DBKL.
Also, can you imagine telling taxi drivers where you want to go? This comment has made its point.