In conjunction with the upcoming Valentine’s Day (yes it’s four days away!), Facebook released some interesting findings. On Facebook, Valentine’s Day is not just for couples. While they share relationship milestones of their intimate journey with friends and family through status updates, it’s also an occasion to express and appreciate the many forms of love for all that we hold dear – friends, family, and yes, even pets.
Here are some key findings from Facebook based on last year’s V-day:
1. 10,000+ people in Singapore changed their relationship status on Facebook within 4 days of Valentine’s Day 2014
- 2,000+ people changed their status to “In a relationship”
- 3,000+ people changed their status to “Single”
- 2,000+ people changed their status to “Married”
Editor’s Note: What about the other 3000+ people? Other relationship status includes “In an open relationship” and “It’s complicated”.
2. Singaporeans aged 25 to 34 years old talked the most about Valentine’s Day on Facebook
3. Friendship is associated the most with gifting on Valentine’s Day, followed by Mother
4. “Ring” was mentioned more by women than men in Singapore on Valentine’s Day 2014
5. Top check-ins on Valentine’s Day were “Food & Restaurants”, “Community & Government”, and “Travel & Transportation”.
Editor’s Note: “Community & Government” could mean the Registrar of Marriage?
Here’s the full infographic by Facebook:
So how are you spending your Valentines’ Day?