The nice guys in the hospitality and F&B sectors are often not given the credit they deserve. Yet, they are the people who should be getting the loudest ovations for their silent actions.
From 10 to 11 April 2015, they will be taking the spotlight they deserve, during a recruitment fair organised by the Hospitality Association of Singapore (HAS) and WDA. Themed ‘Discover Yourself In Hospitality — Make Singapore Smile’, the fair will be held at Kallang Wave Mall. Participating employers in the hospitality industry include reputable hotels in Singapore such as Marina Bay Sands and Swissotel the Stamford, as well as those from the F&B industry such as BreadTalk and Select Group.
This drive is targeted at anyone — regardless of age — who’s interested in working in the hospitality and F&B industry. It’s also the first time that the 7 different associations under HAS will be working together to hold a joint employment fair and pledge their support for SkillsFuture.
Associations under HAS:
- Association of Bartenders and Sommeliers Singapore (ABSS)
- Association of Rooms Division Executives (ARDE)
- Association of Singapore Housekeepers (ASH)
- Food and Beverage Management Association (FBMA)
- Hospitality Purchasing Association (HPA)
- Singapore Chefs Association (SCA)
- Les Clefs d’Or Singapore (Society of the Golden Keys)
- Career talks
- Panel discussions such as ‘The future of Hospitality industry (In Spore & Globally) & Changing trends’ and ‘Service Transform-ation for the hospitality industry’
- Professional development workshops
- The importance of IT and how we leverage upon it for hospitality businesses
- Group sharing sessions that give a glimpse into the various hospitality industry operations
- Hospitality Fun Race which is open to the public
- On-site recruitment fair
- Showcase of training opportunities
|1. Marina Bay Sands||1. BreadTalk Group||1. At-Sunrice GlobalChef Academy|
|2. Resort World Sentosa||2. Select Group||2. SHATEC Institute|
|3. Pan Pacific||3. TungLok Group||3. Mendaki Sense|
|4. Swissotel Merchant||4. JR Group||4. WDA|
|5. Fairmont Singapore and Swissotel the Stamford|
|6. The Westin Singapore|
|8. Grand Park Hotel Group|
|9. Shangri-la hotel|
|10. The Fullerton Hotel|
The event is free for all to attend, so bookmark your calendar and register to find out what it takes to put a smile on someone’s face.