If you grew up watching Hong Kong TV dramas in Malaysia, then TVB is a familiar name to you. TVB, which stands for Television Broadcasts Limited, is one of the biggest commercial Chinese programme producers in the world and it’s also the first wireless commercial television station in Hong Kong.
Most people in Malaysia, especially those who don’t speak the Cantonese dialect fluently, cite TVB as their go-to platform for learning Cantonese—very much like how some people watch anime to learn Japanese.
For TVB fans out there, you’d be well aware that you have to wait to watch your favourite drama series by downloading the torrent file only after the show is officially released by TVB. If you’re eager to watch your shows live, you have to pay for it. However, we have found a way for you to watch TVB live, without paying a single cent.
1. Go to Google Chrome (it only works on Google Chrome).
2. Head to Zenmate.com.
3. Install the Zenmate plugin on Google Chrome.
4. After the Zenmate plugin is installed, enable Zenmate on Google Chrome. You can see the Zenmate icon appear at the top right corner of the browser.
5. Click “change location”, and choose Hong Kong.
6. Head on to http://mytv.tvb.com/tc/live/jade and you will be able to watch TVB live.
Have you tried accessing TVB live? Let us know how you accessed it in the comments below and share your wisdom with everyone!