This article originally appeared on Vulcan Post.
On Monday, the Singapore Government announced the new Cabinet lineup. Around the same time, Singaporeans were going crazy with the new Peanuts website, which allows you to “Peanutize” yourself into one of Charlie Brown’s friends.
So why not bring the two together?
Prime Minister: Lee Hsien Loong
We start off with our Prime Minister, in his iconic pink shirt.
Minister for Transport: Khaw Boon Wan
Of course, we had to follow that with our brand new Minister for Transport, Khaw Boon Wan. Hope that smile stays on his face as he takes on this new portfolio; Singaporean netizens are already foreseeing that he’s in for a tough job.
Deputy Prime Minister: Tharman Shanmugaratnam
We tried to create everyone’s Prime Minister hopeful, Tharman Shanmugaratnam, but we cheated a little and added a little hair on the side of his head to give him a little credit. Everyone else is well-versed in the art of smiling wide with teeth, but Tharman’s a pretty serious guy, so we left him smile-less.
Minister for Defence: Ng Eng Hen
Well, you can’t have Dr Ng Eng Hen without his classic grin.
Minister for Law and Minister for Home Affairs: K Shanmugam
Minister for Foreign Affairs: Vivian Balakrishnan
We took a bit of creative liberty with Mr Balakrishnan’s outfit, inspired by his latest normcore outfit at the recently held Geekcamp.
Minister for Manpower: Lim Swee Say
Don’t you love those hipster glasses?
Minister for Culture, Community, and Youth: Grace Fu
And of course, we need to pay homage to Grace Fu, our first full female minister. It’s about time!
This is where it gets tricky: with the limitations of the app, we couldn’t customise our ministers beyond hair, smile, and outfit. And if you do a quick Google search, you’d realise that many of them share a similar look…
- Minister for Social and Family Development: Tan Chuan Jin
- Acting Minister for Education (Schools): Ng Chee Meng
- Deputy Prime Minister: Teo Chee Hean
- Minister, Prime Minister’s Office: Chan Chun Sing
- Acting Minister of Education (Higher Education and Skills): Ong Ke Yung
Then add a pair of glasses…
- Minister for National Development: Lawrence Wong
- Minister for Health: Gan Kim Yong
- Minister for Trade and Industry (Industry): S Iswaran
- Minister for Trade and Industry (Trade): Lim Hng Kiang
- Minister for Finance: Heng Swee Keat
Then change the hair to grey, and….
- Minister for Communications and Information: Yaacob Ibrahim
- Minister for Environment and Water Resource: Masagos Zulkifli
And that’s everyone! To any of our ministers out there reading this, go ahead and use these images as your Facebook profile pictures. For everyone else, let us know who else you want to see getting Peanutized!