Xsolla, a video game commerce company headquartered in the US, has officially opened its new Kuala Lumpur office. This Malaysian location will reportedly be Xsolla’s largest office outside of Los Angeles.
Although the grand opening happened recently, the company has been in the process of setting up shop and hiring talent as far as 10 months ago, according to LinkedIn posts from HR personnel.
From indies to AAA+ games, Xsolla provides payment services in the video game industry, offering over 700 local payment methods worldwide.
This means many developers and publishers globally use Xsolla to help make their games accessible.
Names it has partnered with include well-known giants such as Ubisoft, Atari, Roblox, Epic Games, and Steam, among other companies.
Other than payment methods, Xsolla also offers a range of different solutions to help video game companies fund, distribute, market, and monetise their games.
Choosing to expand from Malaysia
According to a Techwire Asia article, the president of Xsolla, Chris Hewish, said that the video game commerce company chose Malaysia because of its rapidly growing gaming market and strong gaming ecosystem.
The Techwire Asia article also cites the local appetite for games, thriving esports scene, and talented workforce as reasons why Malaysia made for an ideal location for Xsolla.
Xsolla was also supported by MDEC (Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation) and the government’s initiatives to grow the games industry.
MDEC posted on LinkedIn that this expansion into to Kuala Lumpur is in line with the growing number of gamers and mobile game companies in Asia.
Hiring local talent
According to Konstantin Golubitsky, the CEO of Xsolla, the KL office aims to become 300 team members strong by the end of the year in order to contribute to the region’s growing gaming industry.
To hit this target of theirs, Xsolla currently has quite a number of job openings available right now.
These job openings are open to all local applicants, which includes citizens or those with PR status in Malaysia.
Here is a list of the job openings at Xsolla:
- Developers: Backend Developer (Payments Team), Backend Developer (Payments Team) – PHP, Full Stack Developer (Senior Level), Middle/Senior Golang Developer (Funding), PHP Developer (In-Game Services Team), Flow Developer (Operational Intelligence), Full-stack NodeJS/React Developer (Mid-Level)-CRM TEAM, Middle/Senior React Developer (Funding), PHP Developer (Webshop Team)
- Finance department: Finance Analyst (Internal Bonus System),
- IT department: Database Administrator, Senior Database Administrator, DevOps Engineer
- Product managers department: Product Owner (Documentation), Associate Product Manager
- Marketing department: Product Marketing Manager, Graphic Designer
- Research and development department: Tech Lead PHP (Payment), Technical Lead (Funding), QA Engineer (Webshop Team), QA Engineer (Payment Team)
- Others: Assessor, Customer Support Representative, Business Analyst (Operational Intelligence), Middle Data Analyst, Technical Director (Director of Development Hub)
Featured Image Credit: Xsolla